Your Library to Go Policy
We will keep a record of your reading preferences and items delivered to you. This record is confidential and is only used to select items you will enjoy. We respect your preferences regarding content such as explicit sex, rough language or violence, and no censorship will be exercised when selecting items.
The guidelines for this program are as follows:
1. The Black River Falls Public Library loans a wide variety of print and non-print materials to Jackson County residents who qualify for this Service.
2. All participants in the service must be residents of Jackson County. They must also complete a “Your Library To Go” form and return it to the library, after which materials will be filled by library staff and delivered by volunteers of the Jackson County InterFaith Volunteer Caregivers.
3. Books will be loaned for 21 days. Renewals will be allowed for items within the Winding Rivers Library System (including Black River Falls Public Library) that are not on hold for someone else.
4. Titles not available at the time of request will be placed on reserve.
You may request books, large print books, audio books, music CDs, movies or magazines.
5. Materials will be placed in a special bag that will be used by the JCIVC to pick up and return borrowed material. (Note the bag and its contents are property of the library.)
6. Overdue fines are not charged for materials loaned under this service. Since program participants are responsible for items checked out on their card, please do not lend library materials to others. Participants will be charged the replacement cost for all materials that are lost or damaged while in their care. Library materials are considered lost when they are 40 days overdue. Repeated loss or damage to library items will result in cancellation of your service.
7. Materials not owned by the Winding Rivers Library System may be requested through Interlibrary Loan. Materials borrowed through Interlibrary Loan will be held to that library policies and need to be returned accordingly. Items belonging to other libraries outside of Winding Rivers Library System will be renewed at the discretion of the Interlibrary Loan Service Coordinator. Fines may apply.
8. To find out more or to sign up for this service, please contact the library Monday through Friday 10:30 am to 5:00 pm at (715) 284-4112 ext. 2 or print the application and bring it in.