- To serve all residents of the community and Jackson County.
- To acquire and make available to all residents of the above area such books, periodicals, and other materials and services that will satisfy their need to become well informed, to decide important questions, to discipline the emotions, to cultivate the imagination, and to refine the tastes and to enjoy leisure by means of reading and other media services.
- To aid and encourage the young in their pursuit of knowledge and in gaining rewarding experiences through books and other media. To provide the adult reader with books, magazines and other material in many fields from this library or from other libraries.
- To have resources to provide the most frequently requested material from its collection.
- To maintain a program of service, which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets material for people of various backgrounds, and stimulates thinking in the young and adults.
- To consistently maintain an open-minded attitude toward new methods and improvements for better service and to avoid a static condition of satisfaction with things as they are.
- To review regularly these objectives of the Black River Falls Public Library and, if necessary, revise them in the light of new developments.
– And –
The mission of the Black River Falls Public Library is to provide quality materials and services toward fulfilling educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming, respectful, and businesslike.