Requesting Library Items–Books and More!
Libraries are associated in people’s minds with traditional books, printed on paper. We have and love traditional books, fiction, and non-fiction, for babies, children, teens, and adults. We also offer many other library items for check-out: audio books, DVDs, music CDs, magazines, and graphic novels.
The Black River Falls Public Library belongs to the Winding Rivers Library System and the WRLSWEB consortium. WRLSWEB is the shared catalog of 29 member libraries.
- Patrons can request items from the full WRLSWEB catalog to be sent to the Black River Falls Library for pick-up.
- Items are delivered four times a week; on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. You will be notified when your items arrive.
- You can make requests online, or ask a library staff person to make a request for you.
- If you cannot find an item you’re looking for, the library staff can search beyond the shared system catalog, in WISCAT, which allows us to search all catalogs in Wisconsin.
- The loan period for most books, audiobooks, and music is 3 weeks. Magazines and most DVDs are one week.
- An item can be renewed if no one else has requested it.
- Your library card works at all the libraries in the WRLS system, which encompasses seven Wisconsin counties in our region.
- Library cards are free. Stop by and fill out the short registration form. You will need a photo I.D. and proof of current address.
- Children under 16 must have a parent or guardian sign the registration form in order to get a library card.
- The Black River Falls Public Library has computers available for public use.
- Sign in for a sixty-minute session per day using your library card or by requesting a guest pass at the circulation desk.
- Please ask the library staff if you need help operating the copy machine.
- Patrons can print from the Internet or print documents created on the library’s computers. The library charges 25 cents per page for black and white copies and 50 cents per page for color copies.
- The library does not offer a fax machine.